The REAG/GARP-Programme (Reintegration and Emigration Programme for Asylum-Seekers in Germany/Government Assisted Repatriation Programme) offers financial and operational assistance for a voluntary return to your country of origin or a receptive third country.
If you would like to voluntarily return to your country of origin or a receptive third country and are not able to cover expenses, the REAG/GARP-Programme will assist you in doing so. The programme helps you organize your trip and cover the costs of your flight or bus ticket. Depending on your nationality, you may also receive financial support for travel and financial start-up assistance. Since 2017, the REAG/GARP-Programme has been supplemented by the StarthilfePlus programme, which provides reintegration assistance to returnees in over 40 countries of origin. The program is funded by the Federal Ministry of the Interior and the liable federal states ministries as well as the EU's Asylum, Migration and Integration Fund (AMIF).

The explanatory video on the start page depicts how a voluntary return can look like.

Types of support: Your ability to receive financial support and the type of support you can receive depends on a number of criteria, such as your nationality. The following services are possible:
  • Travel costs
  • Financial travel assistance: 200 €/per person over 18 years (100 €/pp under 18 years)*
  • Medical costs: max. 2.000 €/pp up to three months after arrival in the destination country
  • One-time financial start-up assistance: 1.000 € per person over 18 years (500 € per person under 18 years)**
*reduced travel assistance in the visa liberalized states of Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Montenegro, Republic of Moldova, Serbia, Georgia (entry after 27.03.2017) and Ukraine (entry after 11.06.2017) (see <