The online application module enables the digital transmission of REAG/GARP 2.0 applications and ZIRF requests for registered return counselling centres. Any REAG/GARP 2.0 or ZIRF authorised office in Germany can register.


The programme REAG/GARP 2.0 supports you financially and organizational when you return voluntarily to your country of origin or migrate on to another country.

Please note

Due to the high volume of applications, there are currently longer waiting times for applications to be processed. Please be prepared for the fact that, for complete applications, it can currently take up to eight weeks until your application is processed and you receive the funding notification. In individual cases, currently particularly in countries of origin with a high number of applications, the processing time can be up to twelve weeks.

The REAG/GARP 2.0 programme helps you to return to your country of origin or to migrate on to another country. It supports you in the organisation of your journey and pays the costs for the travel ticket. Further support for reintegration is available for many countries through the StarthilfePlus programme. To find out whether you can receive StarthilfePlus, please visit the page for your country.

What support is available?
How much help you can receive depends on your nationality and other factors.
This is how you could be helped:
- Flight or bus ticket:
travel costs from the place of residence to the airport or (bus) station;
- Money for the journey: 200 EUR per person* (100 EUR per person under 18 years of age);
- Medical support: maximum of 2,000 EUR for up to three months after arrival in the country of destination;
- One-time support: 1,000 EUR per person (500 EUR per person under 18 years of age, maximum of EUR 4,000 per family)

*Persons from certain countries who were able to enter Germany without a visa receive less money for the trip (reduced travel allowance). These are: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Georgia, Kosovo (UN Security Council Resolution 1244/99), Moldova, Montenegro, Northern Macedonia, Serbia, Ukraine.

NOTE: extra rate
If you wish to leave Germany again after only a short time, you receive 500 EUR financial support (up to 2 months after the asylum decision has been issued). This is a fixed amount, whether you are travelling alone or with your family. The support is independent of your reasons for leaving the country.

Who can apply for REAG/GARP 2.0?
Persons from non-EU countries
• who have expressed a request for asylum but have not yet submitted a legally valid asylum application,
• who are in the asylum procedure,
• whose asylum application was rejected and who are clearly obliged to leave the country and
• who are entitled to asylum or have a toleration status,
• Persons who have entered Germany by way of family reunification with an eligible person, but who cannot themselves belong to the eligible group of people, receive REAG/GARP 2.0,
• Those affected by human trafficking or forced prostitution can apply for support.

Persons who have one or more nationalities of one EU member state (Union citizenship) cannot receive support services from the REAG/GARP 2.0 programme upon voluntary return to another EU member state or third country, unless they have become victims of human trafficking or forced prostitution and would like to voluntarily return to their EU member state.


Before you decide on voluntary return, you should obtain advice. You can only apply for REAG/GARP 2.0 through a counselling centre. There are independent and governmental counselling centres. Independent counselling centres are, for example, organisations or charities. Governmental counselling centres are available at social welfare offices or foreigners' registration offices. Here you can find counselling centres for voluntary return in your area.

Process Process

Required documents
In order to leave voluntarily, you need a valid travel document, e.g. passport, passport replacement document, residence permit. Some countries also allow their nationals to enter with an EU laissez passer. You can obtain this through the foreigners' registration office. The embassy or consulate can also issue an Emergency Travel Certificate or equivalent replacement document.

If your embassy/consulate requires a flight reservation, the Federal Office for Migration and Refugees can issue you with a booking confirmation. Medical cases

Return can also be carried out in the event of illness or disability. In this case, the process of leaving the country may take longer. This depends on the illness and the medical reports required. Medical cases should always be entered on the application.


If you are pregnant, you will need proof from your doctor that you are fit to fly.

Please note: All programme documents are stored in the login area.